25 to Life is a 2006 third-person shooter for Windows, PlayStation 2 and Xbox. The game was developed by Avalanche Software (the developers of the Disney Infinity series) and Ritual Entertainment, with additional work by Crystal Dynamics and Hwy 1 Productions (behind NRA Gun Club) and published by Eidos Interactive. The game allows players to play as both a cop and a gangster. Despite having been originally a North America-only, the game was initially banned in Germany a few months after its original release, even way before PS2 version would get its eventual PAL release just a year after its initial North American release, except that the PAL release is a UK-only.
Why It Sucks
- The game was clearly made to piggyback off the success (and controversy) of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- Bad controls.
- Generic gameplay that feels like a cheap Max Payne ripoff.
- Derivative story.
- Uninspired rap soundtrack.
- Outdated graphics that look more like an early PlayStation 2 title than a 2006 game.
- Single Player is really short.
The PlayStation 2 and PC versions have a Metacritic score of 39, while the Xbox version has a Metacritic score of 41.