Acclaim Entertainment was an American based game company founded in 1987, and closed in 2004 following bankruptcy.
Why they Sucked
- One of the main examples of NES shovelware, alongside LJN who Acclaim acquired in 1990.
- Poor uses of their licenses, such as their Simpsons and South Park games.
- Stupid decision making.
- Acclaim had bad marketing campaigns, an entire page is dedicated to them. An example is when they published Turok: Evolution they would pay money if a person legally renamed themselves or named a newborn baby Turok.
- Rushed their games, such as Turok: Evolution and Shadow Man: 2econd Coming.
- In later years Acclaim never payed any of their licenses, leading to them getting sued a lot.
- They fired Iguana Entertainment founder Jeff Spangenberg over money constraints, who later founded Retro Studios and went on to make many well-received games such as the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Donkey Kong Country Returns.
- In later years Acclaim did have a bunch of good games, such as Shadow Man, Forsaken, Burnout, Turok and Re-Volt.