Alekhine's Gun (previously known as Death to Spies 3: Ghost of Moscow) is a third-person stealth action video game set during the Cold War and World War II developed and published by Maximum Games. The game features open maps with multiple methods to complete levels. It was released on March 1, 2016 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Why it Sucks
- Despite it being a stealth shooter, the stealth mechanic is totally broken. You'll only get spotted if you do a weird pose.
- The AI is totally broken; even if you kill everyone in front of the enemies' commander, he'll never notice you.
- The ladders are broken; you can't go up the ladder straightly and you will get stuck at last step of the ladder, the only way to get up is moving obliquely on it.
- Broken physics; any dead body will be placed like it doesn't have a skeleton.
- Outdated graphics, the game appears to look like an early PlayStation 3 game.
- Poor voice acting.
- Full of bugs and glitches, and the developers don't seem to fix it.
- The game frequently crashes.
- Poor animation. Most if not all times, characters are not even opening their mouths.
- Toxic fanbase, which defends the game and bashes everyone who gives a negative review.
- Awful and cheap cutscenes.
Alekhine's Gun has received negative reviews from critics, scoring 35/100 on Metacritic, and 35.00% on GameRankings.
Jason Bohn of Hardcore Gamer gave the game a 2 out of 5 saying, " The right ideas are in place, but everything about the execution falls flat on its face. Considering how much I wanted to enjoy this, the average player probably won’t be able to handle a full playthrough."
Angry Joe listed this game as 4th worst game of 2016, He described "So bad through, but hilariously good."