Altered Beast, also known as Jūōki: Project Altered Beast (獣王記 Project Altered Beast) in Japan, is a 2005 action/adventure, beat 'em up video game for the PlayStation 2. It was notable for not receiving a North American release.
Unlike the original game, which took place in Ancient Greece, this game takes place during present day.
Why it sucks
- Clunky controls.
- Terrible camera.
- Tedious and repetitive combat.
- The game features only 6 transformations.
- You can learn new attacks in monster form, but no longer than a magic-meter indicates.
- Bad soundtrack.
- It is very short.
- Little to no replay value.
- The transformation sequences are horrible and laughable.
The game received mixed to negative reviews, with an average critic score of 53/100 at Metacritic. ScrewAttack named Project Altered Beast as the 10th worst game on their Top 10 Worst 2D to 3D games.