Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis is a video game released for Nintendo Gamecube and Xbox.
This game has received negative reviews from critics and is considered as one of the WORST games of all time.
Black Manta, after being presumed dead for years, launchs a surprise attack on Atlantis, forcing Aquaman to face his nemesis in a final battle.
The main gameplay is swimming to areas that have enemies and you can use punch kick or grapple and pilot vehicles to defeat Black Manta's forces.
Why it Sucks
- The game is extremely simple. Despite all the abilities that are in the game, there is no strategy for fighting bad guys, with one review claiming that all that was needed was to keep tapping "A". That is little to no variety in the game as all you do is swim and fight.
- On the topic of this, the controls are sluggish and hard to use
- Poorly instrumented intro, while the idea of using a comic book as a cut scene is cool, they are rendered as 3D models, which is a bit odd to use in a comic book and not to mention, some of the words in the tax bubbles don't even fit.
- In addition, the graphics have been criticized for being terrible and dull with Aquaman's mullet looking polygonal.
- On the topic of the character, for some odd reason he has a hook hand, even though Aquaman never had a hook hand, though his appearance may have been inspired by the Justice League cartoon series version of Aquaman.
- The constant camera movement can make players feel seasick without being anywhere near water.
- Invisible walls that don't allow players to explore.
- There are a lot of Mermen to save in Atlantis, but there are NO mermaids to save.
This was the inspiration for the Golden Mullet Awards on X-Play, which was an award given to the worst games of the year.
During James and Mike Mondays, James and Mike described the travelling as "Superman 64 without the rings."