Asterix & Obelix Take on Caesar (known in France as Astérix & Obélix contre César) is a video game tie-in to the live-action film adaptation of the same name.
It was developed by Tek 5 (the only game they developed) and published by Cryo Interactive for the PlayStation, PC and Game Boy Color exclusively in Europe (because Asterix isn't as popular outside of Europe) and was the only Asterix game from this period that wasn't published by Infogrames Entertainment.
Why it Sucks
- Ugly-looking graphics.
- Weird looking character designs. (They used rendered versions of the actors in the movie)
- Terrible minigames.
- Little to no storyline.
- Badly explained rules for the minigames.
- If you fail the minigames, you will be forced to restart the game.
- Mediocre soundtrack and voice acting.
- The Game Boy Color version is classified as being worse than the PS1 and PC versions, with awful looking graphics (even in GBC standards), worse controls and even stupider rules for the Minigames!
The game was graded 6 out of 20 by French video game website Jeuxvideo.com, and is described as the right game to buy to make children hate video games.