Awesome Possum... Kicks Dr. Machino's Butt is a platformer game released in 1993 for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis by Tengen. The game jumps on the early 90's Mascot Craze started by Sonic.
The evil Dr. Machino has created a army of robots and is destroying the environment, so the Awesome Possum sent on to stop his fiendish plans.
Why it Sucks
- Shameless Sonic the Hedgehog rip-off.
- The main character has a lot of voiceovers, which are really annoying and play all the time.
- Terrible protagonist and mascot (much worse than Bubsy) and tries too hard to be cool
- Awful stage design. The character runs fast and jumps high, but the stage layouts were not made taking these into consideration (much like Bubsy). Not only that but the stages are just a random mishmash of things without any tought put into it.
- Despite a good variety of enemies, they all follow the same pattern of walking left and right, including bosses.
- Enemies take a lot of punishment before being defeated.
- Choppy framerate
- Environmental lessons shoehorned into the game.
- Hypocrisy. If this game is made to promote saving the environment, the cartridge and manual and boxes are not eco-friendly.