BMC Studios is an indie "game developer" run by a group of French-Canadian teenagers that seem to consider themselves comedians. They are infamous for making low quality home-made videos filled with teenage memes then posting them on Steam Greenlight (and later Steam Direct) as if they were games instead of uploading them to YouTube.
- Kimulator: Fight For Your Destiny (2016)
- Zombitatos: The End of the PC Master Race (2016)
- Kimulator 2: The Bottle Flip Master (2017)
Why Their "Games" Suck
- The studio is nothing but teenagers with a camera and stock Game Guru assets.
- Their "games" are almost entirely made out of home-made videos with close to zero real gameplay.
- They put tons of outdated memes and references thinking it is funny.
- The Teenagers fimling themselves clearly can't act or don't bother trying to act, frequently laugh at what they're doing on-camera, look directly at the camera, don't bother to edit any mistakes or do second takes, etc.
- Unfunny non-comedy and they often make offensive jokes like mocking the 9/11 Terrorist Attack or the holocaust as if they were memes.
- The actual gameplay part of their games is nothing but stock Game Guru assets with little original work.
- They spam a large amount of games at once.
- Obvious recycling of assets and levels.
- They seem to be proud of their bad home-made videos.
- It can be hard to understand what the teenagers are saying because of their thick accents and them not having any audio equipment.
- They're clear proof that literally ANYONE can put a game on Steam these days.
- Unlike other indie developers who make bad games, BMC are rather harmless and aren't hostile towards critics. This still doesn't excuse the terrible quality of their "games", however.
- They actually seem to geniunely want to improve as seen with "Kimulator 2". While still low quality home-made videos, it does show some progress and less cringe.