Blitz Games (formerly known as Interactive Studios) was a division of Blitz Games Studios and was responsible for producing its family-oriented titles, which were usually licensed games based on well-known IPs. It was located in Warwickshire, England and specialized in mass-market family games on all console platforms using their own internally developed middleware.
Blitz Games was the overall company name until 2008, when it rebranded as Blitz Games Studios to more accurately reflect the variety of its divisions and titles being developed.
On September 12, 2013, Blitz Games Studios announced they were closing their doors after being unable to secure the funds necessary to sustain business.
Notable Games Developed
- Glover (1998, 1999)
- Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge (2000)
- Zapper: One Wicked Cricket! (2002)
- Bad Boys: Miami Takedown (2004)
- Sneak King (2006)
- Pac-Man World 3 (2005)
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab (2006)
- SpongeBob's Surf & Skate Roadtrip
- Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (2012; co-developed with Junction Point Studios)
- Fuzion Frenzy (2001)
- iCarly (2009)
Why Their Games Sucked
- Poor gameplay.
- Repetitive level design.
- Uninspired plot.
- Merely average visuals.
- Awkward controls.
- Bad sound design.