Bubsy in Fractured Furry Tales is a 1994 platforming game published by Accolade for the Atari Jaguar as the third game in the Bubsy series. It is the sequel to Bubsy 2 and is followed by Bubsy 3D, which was the last game in the series for over 21 years.
The levels are designed after fairy tales.
Why it Sucks
- It has Bubsy in it who has been criticized for having a very obnoxious personality.
- It's basically a clone of the first game, Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind.
- Very poor controls. Jumping is very difficult and you gain momentum after releasing the D-Pad making falling very likely.
- Bubsy dies in one hit like in the first game, a problem which had been corrected for the second game but for some reason is here again.
- Bubsy moves really fast, making it very easy for enemies to hit Bubsy.
- Levels are too long.
- Terrible enemy placement.
- Terrible hit detection makes it easy to get hit even when Bubsy is clearly not touching a hazard or enemy.
- Poor level design. Some areas are very confusing to navigate, they're too long, there are tiny platforms Bubsy must jump onto etc.
- Enemies can kill you before they even do their attack animations.
- Frequent cheap deaths.