Castlevania Judgment is a fighting game developed by Konami and Eighting and published by Konami for the Wii. The game is a spin-off of the Castlevania franchise and is the series' first fighting game. It was released in 2008 in North America and 2009 worldwide.
Why It Sucks
- The art style and character designs don't fit the series. Some of the characters also look awful:
- Grant resembles some sort of clockwork android/mummy hybrid.
- Carmilla, while fitting for her nature, looks like a heavy metal stripper.
- Maria Renard looks more like something out of a magical girl anime.
- Eric Lecarde, for some reason, was designed as a teenager.
- Shanoa resembles a fragile nun, far from her original design.
- Poor camera.
- Awkward controls.
- Extremely limited number of combos.
- Repetitive and tedious combat.
- Combos themselves are unbalanced.
- Numerous notable characters and monsters from the series are not in the roster.
- Maria Renard's story contains inappropriate sexual humor, with her commenting on Sypha and Carmilla's bust size.
- On the subject of Sypha's bust size, her large chest in this game doesn't make sense within the series canon, as one aspect of her character is that she disguises herself as a man.
- Only 14 playable characters.
- Bad sound effects and voice-acting.
- Many game modes but many are the same.
- Awesome remixes of classic Castlevania themes.
- A few of the characters have cool designs, Cornell being the most notable one.
- It should be mentioned that the game's artist was Takeshi Obata, best known for being the artist for the Death Note manga.
- Good graphics for Wii standards.