Charlie's Angels is a game released for both the PlayStation 2 and Nintendo GameCube to coincide with the movie of the same name and its sequel. It is considered one of the WORST games of all time.
The Angels must stop a madman from stealing national monuments.
Why It Sucks
- Very poor graphics.
- The combat is uninspired and enemies block a large percentage of your attacks.
- Unimpressive A.I. where most enemies don't differ much from each other.
- Poor camera system.
- Poor music.
- Annoying sound effects and voice overs, with the Angels usually making grunts every time they attack or are damaged.
- Despite featuring the three lead actresses from the movies (Cameron Diaz, Lucy Liu, and Drew Barrymore), the voice acting is horrible.
- Gameplay outside of fighting enemies is incredibly slow and boring. For example, it takes the Angels too long to just climb up a ladder.
- Invisible walls constantly appear behind you every few steps to the point it's impossible to backtrack through the level at all to collect items you missed.
- Strange and hilariously spastic-looking idle animations.
- A game-killing glitch that causes one of the levels to repeat endlessly if you play without a memory card plugged in. JonTron encountered this glitch in his review of the game, much to his confusion.
- The GameCube version doesn't have as many glitches as the PlayStation 2 version.
- The controls are responsive for the most part.
- The difficulty is pretty easy.
It received an average score of 23.74% at GameRankings, based on an aggregate of 23 reviews and an average score of 23/100 at Metacritic, based on an aggregate of 42 reviews. On GameRankings, the GameCube version of the game holds the lowest score on the site. GamesRadar ranked it as the 50th worst game ever made. The staff commented that the game was even worse than the movie it was based on. JonTron (who reviewed the game) had panned the game even pointing out one level looped over again (as stated above, this was due to a glitch).