Charlie's Angels is a game released for both the PlayStation 2 and Nintendo GameCube to coincide with the movie of the same name. It is considered one of the WORST games of all time along with the likes of freaking Superman 64 and the INFAMOUS E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial!
The Angels must stop a madman from stealing national monuments.
Why It Sucks
- Very poor graphics, though the cutscenes were considered decent.
- The combat is uninspired and enemies block a large percentage of an Angel's attacks.
- Unresponsive controls make making combos very difficult.
- Unimpressive A.I. where most enemies don't differ much from each other.
- Poor camera system.
- Poor music.
- Annoying sound effects and voice overs, with the Angels usually making grunts every time they attack or are damaged.
- Despite featuring the three lead actresses from the movies (Cameron Diaz, Lucy Liu, and Drew Barrymore), the voice acting is horrible.
- Gameplay outside of fighting enemies is incredibly slow and boring- it takes the Angels almost 2 whole minutes just to climb up a ladder (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater had a long ladder climb too but it served as a breather after a potentially long boss-fight and to mark the halfway point of the game, this game's ladder is in the 1st level and you climb up it just to operate a crane).
- Invisible walls constantly appear behind you every few steps to the point it's impossible to backtrack through the level at all to collect items you missed.
- Strange and spastic-looking idle animations
- A game-killing glitch that causes one of the levels to repeat endlessly if you play without a memory card plugged in. JonTron encountered this glitch in his review of the game, much to his confusion.
It received an average score of 23.74% at GameRankings, based on an aggregate of 23 reviews and an average score of 23/100 at Metacritic, based on an aggregate of 42 reviews. On GameRankings, the GameCube version of the game holds the lowest score on the site. GamesRadar ranked it as the 50th worst game ever made. The staff commented that the game was even worse than the movie it was based on. JonTron (who reviewed the game) had panned the game even pointing out one level looped over again.