The game was used for a contest, where the winner got a prize if he/she played the game for too long.
You play as a bus driver who must drive a bus for 8 hours... that's it.
Why it Sucks
- Non-existent gameplay.
- The bus is extremely slow. It cannot go any faster than 45 mph.
- Literally nothing stands in your way. There are no objectives and hazards.
- Aside from driving, there is nothing to do other than looking at a rock or a sign outside or pressing B to open and close the door.
- The bus is completely empty, there's nothing or no one interact with
- The distance to Las Vegas is 360 miles. This means that you have to drive for 8 HOURS in real time to get there!
- No break times, let alone the option to pause the game. If you press the Start button it blows the horn.
- If you managed to get to Las Vegas, you just start all over again.
- At some point a bug splatters the window which can be disorienting.
- If you try to use a holder to keep the A button pressed down, the bus will still steer right and it will careen off the road. You have no choice but to sit for the whole 8 hours!
- When the bus careens off the road, you are towed all the way to the beginning of the game, which also takes place in realtime. This means that if you accidentally hit the ground within 6 hours, you are towed back to the beginning for another 6 hours.
- After going for all eight hours, you're given ONE POINT. It's extremely degrading and really an insult to injury.
- The Angry Video Game Nerd mentioned the highest score you can get (probably more) is 99. THIS WOULD PUT UP 792 HOURS/33 DAYS OF CONTINUOUS GAMEPLAY.
- The game is used for an annual charity event called Desert Bus for Hope which raises money for Child's Play, an organization that raises money to donate toys and games for children's hospitals.
The Angry Video Game Nerd gave this game a highly negative review, saying that he can never beat this game due to boring gameplay.