It's based on the TV show of the same name and even published by BBC Multimedia. It's the second Doctor Who game for the Wii after the Wii port of Top Trumps: Doctor Who.
The Doctor and Amy arrive on the deserted starship the Lucy Gray, which was the first ship to return to earth after the solar storms of the 26th century. However, on the ship are the Daleks and Cybermen, who are after the dangerous Time Axis. The Doctor and Amy must prevent them from obtaining it.
Why it Sucks
- Very sluggish controls.
- Unfair difficulty.
- Glitches scattered throughout the game.
- Awful graphics which wouldn't look out of place on the N64 or PS1.
- Boring and repetitive gameplay.
- Poor camera angles.
- Unbalanced A.I.
- During the cut-scenes, the characters barely move at all.
- Horrible sound effects.
- The game's quality was degraded due to being rushed to be released in time for Christmas.
The only redeeming quality
- The Sonic Screwdriver Wii Remote looks cool.
With all the problems, this game is considered to be one of the worst video games of all time.
Official Nintendo Magazine gave the game a 19% rating, and branded it "an insult to Doctor Who fans".
ScrewAttack gave Doctor Who: Return to Earth the SAGY award for Worst Wii Game of 2010.
Metro gave a highly negative review stating: "If one of your loved ones is a fan of Doctor Who then whatever you do don’t buy them this game for Christmas.