Double Dragon II: Wander of The Dragons is a beat-em-up game released for xBox 360 and Xbox Live Arcade and is both based off the Double Dragon franchise and is somewhat of a variant/remake of Double Dragon II: The Revenge, the arcade game.
Why It Sucks
- Very broken and delayed controls.
- Enemy AI can attack you at any moment, leading to them ganging up on you when you're completely defenseless.
- Power punches do the same damage as the regular punches and power kicks just flat-out don't work.
- The one special move that works, the elbow smash, goes wherever it wants.
- Special moves need way too many points to be unlocked and they aren't vital to gameplay in any way, similar to the upgrades in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.
- The game forces you not to use the special moves. If you use a special move just one time in the entire game, you get the bad ending.
- Poor story.
- Badly designed character models and very bad animation.
- Uninteresting, monotous gameplay.
- The game has a stamina meter, which limits the attacks.
Metacritic gave Double Dragon II: Wander of The Dragons its lowest possible score, 1 star out of 5, based on 19 reviews.
Internet Reviewer ProJared gave this game a 1 out of 10, calling it "the worst thing to ever happen to Double Dragon" and saying that he would rather watch the movie.
Many other people and review sites gave this game extremely negative reviews and it has gone on to (loosely) be considered one of the worst beat-em-up games of all time.