Dragon's Lair is a platforming adventure video game for the Nintendo Entertainment system and was based off the 1983 Laser Disc arcade game of the same name. However the gameplay of the NES game is not like the original game, as it revolves arround platforming and adventure instead of the Quick-Time movie gameplay of the original game.
Dirk the Daring, the best knight in the kingdom, must rescue Princess Daphne, Dirk's love interest, from the evil dragon, Singe.
Why It Sucks
- Dirk moves incredibly slow.
- Everything Dirk does has noticeable input delay.
- With the exception of small enemies, everything in the game can kill Dirk with one hit. Small enemies only take away a piece of Dirk's health bar. You can even die by touching a DOOR, of all things.
- The game is heavily cryptic and most parts require an enormous amount of trial and error.
- You get only 5 lives to complete the whole game.
- There are elevators in the game that take you to the next level, but only if you get off at the correct floor. If you pick a wrong floor, you must restart a previous level.
- Attacks lower your own HP.
- Terrible ending.
- WHAT'S THE POINT OF HAVING A HEALTH BAR IF EVERYTHING KILLS YOU WITH ONE HIT?