Dragon Ball Z: Sagas is a 3D action-adventure video game developed by Avalanche Software and published by Atari, based on the anime Dragon Ball Z. It is the first Dragon Ball Z console game to be developed by a non-Japanese developer, and the first Dragon Ball Z game to be released on a non-Japanese console, the Xbox.
Why it Sucks
- Uninspired gameplay.
- Boring and tedious combat.
- Ugly and undetailed graphics that look like they belong in a PS1 game.
- Erratic camera.
- Poor controls.
- Restrictive and linear level design.
- Small selection of characters.
- Many bugs and glitches.
- False advertising: According to ProJared, Atari called Dragon Ball Z: Sagas "The first free-form destructible sandbox game". This was, of course, a lie. It's a linear beat 'em up, and a very bad one at that.
The game received generally negative reviews and was a commercial failure. Giving the game a 3.8 out of 10, GameSpot's Ryan Davis concluded that "In the end, Dragon Ball Z: Sagas fails in all departments. It's nowhere near as fun or functional as the Budokai games, and completely fails in taking the series into a new direction."