Dungeon Keeper Mobile was developed by Electronic Arts and Mythic Entertainment as part of the Dungeon Keeper series. On 10 October 2013, Dungeon Keeper Mobile soft-launched on Google Play and iOS App Store, as well as for Android devices.
The game is free-to-play (Freemium) and EA provides an official website featuring among others, a forum and in-game information.
Why it Sucks
- Cartoony graphics and designs.
- Terrible gameplay pacing.
- Boring plot.
- Cheesy "Rap" cutscenes.
- Repetitive maps.
- It is unfaithful to the original series.
- Overuse of Micro-Transactions.
- Despite being free, you have to pay hundreds of dollars to unlock and see everything.
- Some blocks require you to wait for full 24 hours!, unless you pay a copious amount of cash to unlock them.
- The game has advertisements asking you to rate the game 5 stars for the game to continue development. This led to accusations of EA fraudulently manipulating the game's rating system and its subsequent score on mobile storefronts.
Dungeon Keeper Mobile has received overwhelmingly negative criticism from game critics and reviewers.
Jim Sterling of The Escapist called it "A cynically motivated skeleton of a non-game" and "a scam", with the game deemed unplayable without spending money to speed up progress.
As of 10 February 2014, the iOS version of the game has a "generally unfavorable" critical rating of 42/100 on the review aggregating site Metacritic.