The executive meddling is a development where it can finish after the release, but until that their had encountered some problems to changed and even removed like rushed to unfinished and even censored many scenes or mechanics in the final release where it received panned reviews from critics and reviewers alike. (While other games are really good that it gave an postive reviews.)
- Dinosaur Planet developed by Rare in the Nintendo 64, where the story was about Krystal and a male fox named Sabre were the main characters to stop the main antagonist General Scales. However, after Miyamoto saw a likeness between Sabre and Fox McCloud and renamed the title as Star Fox Adventures, Nintendo forced Rare into changing the plot and characters around and turn it into a Star Fox title, despite the game and its gameplay having no relation or similarities with the series beyond that. Sabre was axed, with his role being given to Fox, and Krystal was aged up and became the Distressed Damsel. Also, a rushed release date caused what could have been a climactic boss fight with General Scales to be completely cut.
- Mortal Kombat received a neutering from Nintendo of America as well. The SNES version of Mortal Kombat had the blood changed to sweat, and the fatalities were severely weakened (in one example, Johnny Cage punches his opponent's head off in the original version; in the SNES version, he delivers a hefty kick to the chest). The Sega Genesis port was technically inferior, but ended up being the most popular version because it contained all the gore that made the game popular in the first place. Realizing this, Nintendo of America released Mortal Kombat II on the SNES in all its gory glory.
- Sonic the Hedgehog has instances of many executive meddling right in below of the list.
- In the development of Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 was going to be ported on the Nintendo Wii to be on par with the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 for terms of technology, but when Sega learned about the Wii's limitations compared to the other two consoles and the Wii Remote controller's capabilities, they instead decided to make an original title for the Wii based on the Wii controller's capabilities. This resulted in Sonic Team being split up in two groups, with the newly formed group starting work on what would become Sonic and the Secret Rings and the other group continuing work on Sonic 2006.
- After the development and crowdfunding of No Man's Sky where the 2014 trailer is shown of a beautiful game-play, creative creatures and you can go any planets what ever you go. But it happen to the final release where all the elements were removed and changed causing many gamers angry called as false-advertisement.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines is had the same effect for No Man's Sky that it was originally going to be released on 2002 in the PlayStation 2, until it was been cancelled during in the development.
- Konami is a textbook example of executive meddling, there are so many to list, so here's the link to their downfalls.