FBI Hostage Rescue is a 2004 tactical first-person shooter developed by Idol FX (developers of Drake of the 99 Dragons) and published by Activision Value.
Why it Sucks
- It rips off the gameplay of similar shoters like Rainbow Six and SWAT.
- Full of bugs and glitches, some of them breaking the whole game. This includes a tendency to crash to the desktop.
- Retarded hostage AI. They can get stuck in walls (or thin air), walk in wrong directions, clip through locked doors, disappear for no reason, completely ignoring enemy fire, among others.
- Weapons that are extremely uncomfortable to use.
- No multiplayer or alternate modes.
- Unbelievably slow-paced gameplay; all of the missions have strict time limits (usually 5 minutes), yet your character moves very slow, resulting with frustration amongst players.
- Poor graphics even by 2003 standards. Some of the models are also mis-textured; one of them literally has a hand texture for their shirts.
- Atrocious voice acting and sound design in general. The soundtrack is practically non-existent; the main menu theme is extremely repetitive, lasting only 5-10 seconds before looping and the rest of the game is devoid of music.
- No friendly AI.
- Virtually no replayability value.
GameSpot gave the game a 1.9, and said it "feels like a really bad amateur mod that was released before it was finished."