Forza Motorsport 5 is a racing video game developed by Turn 10 Studios and published by Microsoft Studios, serving as the fifth iteration of the Forza Motorsport series and the sixth main title of the Forza series, and a launch title for the Xbox One.
Why it Sucks
- Let’s get the elephant out of the room, the lack of content; to give you an idea, it had less tracks than even the first Forza Motorsport, and only Forza Horizon had fewer cars.
- You don’t even get a full game at launch! The later half of the career mode had to be downloaded from Xbox Live. This meant that Forza 5 shipped incomplete!
- Before that, the game couldn't even be played off the disc!
- The micro-transactions (yeah micro-transactions) have mundane rewards, like night time and WEATHER settings, why aren't they in the game from the start?
- Despite having less content than older Forza games, they still charged full price for it; they even had the gall to charge $50 for a Season Pass, AND have Day-One DLC available!
- At least Motorsport 3 had free Day-One DLC, and 4 only charged $30 for the Season Pass.
- No Auction House, which Motorsport 2, 3, and 4 all had. You can't even buy cars from other players, or share liveries or tuning set-ups because there isn't a store-front in the game!
- As mentioned above, the game didn't even have night time racing, or weather effects right out of the gate despite being on the Xbox One, which is supposed to handle better visuals. Even Forza Horizon had these features.
- New car packs were added after the initial launch, but rather than include them in the form of content updates, Turn 10 instead decided to release them as paid DLC over the course of 8 months.
- Thanks in part to the lack of content compared to previous entries, the game doesn't have the same level of variety as its predecessors, especially Forza Motorsport 4.
- Like previous games, the game is still visually appealing.
- Commentary from Top Gear presenters (at the time) Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May.
- Though the DLC cars cost money, Turn 10 has released new tracks for free, so that's something at least.
- Even the amount of cars have been dropped, the game is actually the first title to introduce open-wheeled cars, improving the variety of cars.