Due to the popularity of the Grand Theft Auto franchise, there have been many game developers creating "GTA Clones", which share many similarities to GTA.
These games have spread quickly on Android devices after Rockstar released GTA III, GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas on the Google Play Store.
A few GTA Clones were actually successful and received good review scores like The Simpsons: Hit & Run and the Gangstar series, but most of them are just pure crap.
Why they Suck
- Most of them are free - but come with a large file size (despite their poor quality and low detail of graphics and sound).
- Most of them are poorly programmed.
- Most of them have very poor graphics, even on mobile devices.
- Most of them have little to no physical programming.
- Most of them have too many pop-up ads that interrupt the game.
- Most of them have a paywall. In some games, you must pay a premium currency to steal vehicles.
- Most of them have various game-breaking bugs and glitches.
- Most of them have models stolen from other games.
- Most of them have micro-transactions, just like any Play Store ripoffs.
- Most of them have little-to-no AI programming at all. In some games, the cars move on their own.
- Some of the GTA Clones, such as Saints Row, Crackdown and Scarface: The World Is Yours are actually very good and feature unique elements that help set them apart from Grand Theft Auto.
- GTA Clone page on GTA Wiki.