The Gakken TV Boy is a very rare game console that was only released in Japan in 1983.
Why it Flopped
- Weird design. It can be mostly played with one hand while the handle allowed balance.
- Small library of games. The exact number is unknown but it's believed to be six.
- Its Japan-only release ensured it would never be well known around the world.
- Short lifespan. The Nintendo Famicom's (Japanese version of the NES) release quickly put an end to the Gakken TV Boy.
- The entire system was underpowered. The games were similar to early Atari games.