Game of Thrones is an action role-playing game based on the novel A Game of Thrones and in part, the television series of the same name. It was developed by Cyanide and published by Atlus in conjunction with Focus Home Interactive for PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. The game was released in 2012 and its plot runs parallel to the show's first season.
Why It Sucks
- Ugly visuals
- Poor animation
- Boring and repetitive gameplay
- The game's prologue chapter was sold as separate DLC (not unlike the true ending of Asura's Wrath)
- Combat suffers from a lack of difficulty balancing and lack of moves
- There's no way to load your progress during battle, so if you want to fix a mistake, you have to get killed in battle to restart
- Character models repeat very often
- Audio sometimes cuts out
- Wooden and lifeless voice-acting ruin an otherwise compelling story
Game of Thrones received mixed reviews, with Metacritic scores of 58 on PC, 53 on PS3, and 52 on Xbox 360.