Garfield Kart is a racing game published and developed by Anuman Interactive, based on the long-running Garfield comic strip by Jim Davis. It was released on iOS in 2013 and is also available on Android, Nintendo 3DS, and even Steam.
This game was met with near-universal backlash from gamers for its unimaginative gameplay, low production values, and poorly designed mechanics.
Garfield Kart plays very much like Mario Kart (racing on various tracks, collecting items and power-ups to interfere with the other racers, etc.).
Why It Sucks
- Subpar graphics (the worst looking version is the 3DS version).
- Poor gameplay.
- Bland, repetitive tracks. There are 3 desert tracks in the game that are virtually indistinguishable from each other.
- The music is recycled from The Garfield Show, and it's rather forgettable.
- Poor sound design.
- Characters don't feel too different from each other.
- Lack of content.
- No multiplayer mode whatsoever.
- Both the iOS/Android versions have micro-transactions. That is all.
- There is a Twitter account for the game (likely run by trolls) which tweets things that are borderline offensive.
The game has become infamous on the internet for the negative reception it has received across the board since its release.
On July 6th, 2015, the Nintendo news site Nintendo Life published a review of Garfield Kart, giving the game 3/10 and describing it as “a bland, horribly un-balanced Kart game.” On September 1st, the gaming news site Hardcore Gamer gave Garfield Kart a rating of 1.5, criticizing the game as “absolutely dreadful.” On August 15th, 2015, YouTuber Haedox uploaded a review video titled “Garfield Kart: The Worst Game Ever?”, and the game has since become a recurring joke on his channel.