The mysterious Planet X appears when Pluto and Neptune switch positions in the solar system, and its inhabitants begin an attempt to conquer the Earth, using a legion of space monsters (though some of these creatures were in fact from Earth) as their primary attack force. The King of Monsters, Godzilla, joins forces with the guardian monster Mothra and the forces of Earth to repel the invasion forces.
Why it Sucks
- Poor grasp of the source material.
- Mothra is the worst character to play as, she will always fall to the ground when hit by anything and her attacks do almost no damage.
- Some objects in the backgrounds can hit and injure you, like volcanoes.
- Gezora and Moguera, who are prominently featured in the game, never appeared in the Godzilla franchise until much later after this game came out.
- You fight the same monsters on every planet, with only one new monster appearing on each planet
- Unfair game mechanics which doesn’t grant you the choice of whether you want to fight a kaiju or not.
- Unfair AI.
- Glitches, although not many.
- If you fail to beat the boss within the time limit, you have to start all over. Also, the time limit is not obvious; in fact it is hidden for some reason.
- While fighting the boss, you cannot regain your health.
- This game became popular when a creepypasta involving the game written and illustrated by Cosbydaf was released. It received positive reviews, with people praising the original story and characters, including the main antagonist, Red as well as his nemesis, Solomon (known for his catchphrase "STILL THE BEST - 1973"), both of which reappeared as playable characters in Colossal Kaiju Combat. (WARNING! This story contains scary and violent themes that may not be suitable for some people. Reader discretion is advised.) Later it was been made an fan-made video game coming soon based on the same story.