Golden Axe: Beast Rider is an action-adventure game developed by Secret Level and published by Sega for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It is the fourth installment in the Golden Axe series and is the franchise's first 3D game.
The game was released on October 14, 2008, in North America and October 17 in Europe excluding Germany, in where it was Refused Classification and was therefore technically banned due to high-impact gory violence.
Why It Sucks
- No multiplayer of any kind.
- Large amount of invisible walls.
- Shallow combat.
- Poor sound effects deflate what should be dramatic moments.
- Generic music that's so low in volume it can't be heard most of the time.
- Beasts control poorly.
- Disjointed plot.
- Muddy visuals.
- Lifeless environments.
- Faulty targeting system.
- Very few enemy types.
- Tyris's classic costume from the first Golden Axe game is available as an unlockable outfit.
- Some of the voice-acting is pretty decent.
- There are remixes of some of the classic Golden Axe tunes.
Golden Axe: Beast Rider received unfavorable reviews, and has Metacritic scores of 45 and 44 for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, respectively.