Gordo 106: The Mutated Lab Monkey is a platforming game exclusive for the Atari Lynx handheld. The player controls the titular Gordo #106, a lab monkey who gains sentence after ingesting a chemical potion and attempts to escape the labs where it's been imprisoned.
Why it Sucks
- Bland stage design, with all areas looking exact the same despite the different graphics.
- Anachronistic stages which make no sense like a fashion show, even though the entire premise is that you're escaping from a lab.
- Lots of blind jumps due to the fairly large sprites and the console's small resolution.
- Holes don't kill you outright, instead you fall into a random dungeon which can either have lots of items or instand-death flame-jets. If you manage to complete it you're tossed back to the stage you were previously.
- There are caged animals on the stage which you must free, but there's no real reward for doing so so you can simply skip them completely.
- Bland soundtrack and sound effects.