Grand Theft Auto is a video game released in 1997 for the PC and PlayStation and developed by DMA Design. A port for the Game Boy Color was released in 1999 by Rockstar Games and Tarantula Studios, which this page will cover.
Why it sucks
- The playable character walks too slow.
- Bad and confusing controls: the "A" button has to be pressed to walk forwards, the down arrow to walk backwards and left and right arrows to spin.
- The missions are too hard, and it's very difficult to know what to do.
- Hard to steal vehicles.
- The stolen vehicle drives incredibly fast, which makes it difficult to avoid obstacles.
- Very few cars, people, weapons and money.
- Poor police A.I.
- Very small explosions.
- Terrible vehicle controls, like in Dick Tracy on NES.
- No radar.
- The game apparently avoided Nintendo's censorship: most missions from the DOS game are in this version. The few missing missions probably were removed due hardware limitations.
- The big cities still almost the same as they are in the original DOS game.
- Good soundtrack (except in vehicle).
- Awesome game cover.
IGN gave the port a 4 (Bad) out of 10, and has a rating of 2.55 on GameFAQs. Youtuber Shane Luis of Rerez described the port as a "very-very-very bad" version of Grand Theft Auto.