Home Alone is a 1991 video game developed by Bethesda Softworks and released by THQ for the NES, among other platforms. It is based on the movie of the same name.
Why It Sucks
- Very tedious gameplay. Kevin has to fight Harry and Marv with traps until the cops come to pick them up.
- Kevin is extremely slow in movement, while Harry and Marv move extremely fast, which makes the game ridiculously difficult.
- Horrible controls. Walking up the stairs is also a chore, since you have to walk in front of them and then hold Up.
- Walking the stairs also makes Kevin move even slower.
- The game is also extremely short, lasting for only 20 MINUTES.
- No continues. If a burglar touches Kevin, you have to start all over again.
- The game over screen shows Macaulay Culkin screaming and a cloud saying: "Oh no!".
- Lack of an on-screen clock, so you can't see how much time is left unless you press the Start button.
- Lackluster animations.
- All the traps are just white squares with drawings on them.
- Terrible ending.
- Kevin can't exit the house or go in any other places besides the treehouse.
- Terrible, monotonous and repetitive music that barely ever changes.
- Hideous graphics, with none of the characters looking like their movie counterparts.