Kevin McCallister is lost in New York and must the outwit the Sticky Bandits to get back with his family.
Why it Sucks
- Poor grasp of source material.
- Certain enemies such as the large hotel guests and vacuum cleaners can instantly kill Kevin.
- Keys in this game are projectiles that hurt you.
- Useless weapons- the gun only stuns enemies for about 3 seconds and the slide can be used to kill enemies in some levels but not all of them.
- The pearls only work on a couple of enemies.
- Dreadful graphics.
- It's not made clear which parts of the level can be jumped on and which can't.
The game had very poor reception. Most reviewers complained that various elements of the game change depending on what part of a level the player is on; for example, the slide attack is an effective move on one level, but does not work on another.
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York was awarded Worst Sequel of 1992 by Electronic Gaming Monthly. They also awarded it Worst Movie-to-Game of 1992.
In the Angry Video Game Nerd review of this game he was getting mad that he couldn't get past the level with the ladder.
In JonTron's review of all the Home Alone Games he criticized the game for having almost nothing to do with the film, the use of keys as enemy projectiles and the ineffectiveness of the pearls.