Infestation: Survivor Stories (formerly known as The War Z) is a zombie game produced by Sergey Titov (who also produced Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing), developed by Hammerpoint Interactive, and published by OP Productions. It was released for PC on Steam on December 17, 2012.
Why It Sucks
- Many of the mechanics are ripped right out of DayZ, and poorly duplicated.
- False advertising; the developer claimed it has multiple large worlds which are different sizes, a level up system based on earning skill points, PvE combat, hundred-player servers, and private servers, none of which were in the game.
- Large amount of microtransactions.
- Costs $20 on top of that.
- Many of the weapons are underpowered.
- The few good weapons you can get are rare and hard to find, in order to make you fork over your money.
- Horrific community; most players you'll encounter are hackers, cheaters, and people who attack you on sight.
- Uncared for by the developers, as they didn't do anything to stop the hackers or fix existing bugs.
- Terrible zombie AI.
- No way to sneak past zombies; if you enter their proximity, regardless of if you're in front or behind them, they'll come after you.
- Awful graphics.
- Sluggish frame-rate.
- Simplistic and boring combat.
- Agonizingly long respawn times.
- Lifeless worlds.
- FOV can't be adjusted, which can cause motion sickness.
- Many bugs and glitches.
- Invisible walls where there shouldn't be any.
- Resources cost large amounts of in-game credits.
- Lackluster character customization.
- It was made by the same person who made Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.
Survival Stories, much like Big Rigs, was heavily panned upon release, and is considered one of the worst video games ever. It has a Metacritic score of 20 based on 13 critic reviews. However, despite its reception, it was a financial success, selling nearly 3 million copies since launch.