The Intec Interact is the only game console ever released by Intec, which is well known for creating accessories for the PlayStation, Xbox and Wii. It is a Wii rip-off and has several accessories for games.
Why it Flopped
- The audio output is mono only.
- Despite being made around the time of the Wii, it had graphics that were similar to the SNES.
- It had no new games, instead having soulless rip-offs of other games. It only came with two game cartridges, 8-in-1 which was mostly sports games, and 32-in-1 which was mostly the rip-off games (though according to Amazon, there is a third cartridge focusing on musical games.)
- While the Wii had games with motion control, the Interact had fake motion controls which were the same as pressing the A button, making motion control utterly pointless.
- The controller is poorly made. It is very tiny, making it difficult for adult gamers to hold onto and the D-Pad is very poorly designed. There are also two A and B buttons.
- The marketing for this console was so poor, the Interact isn't even advertised on Intec's website.
- The controls were poorly designed. An example is in Golf, where you have to press Start to begin your swing.
- The Bowling game in the 8-in-1 Game Pak stole Dr. Wallace Breen's face from Half-Life 2.
This console has gone down as a cult classic amongst gamers for its sheer awfulness. The best promotion this system ever got was when internet reviewer ProJared reviewed it as the Worst Console Ever and gave it a Broken Marriage out of 10.