Kabuki Warriors (斬 歌舞伎 Zan Kabuki) is an Xbox fighting game by Genki and Lightweight, the latter of which is known for developing the Bushido Blade series. It is centered around kabuki performances and takes place during the Edo period.
The game has been deemed to be one of the worst, if not the WORST FIGHTING GAME OF ALL TIME!
Why It Sucks
- Extremely limited moveset.
- You can win any fight by mashing the same button over and over again due to poor AI.
- Some of the character designs are lazy and uninspired.
- Poor graphics. At least two of the characters looks like they weren‘t textured.
- Extremely terrible soundtrack, not to mention annoying sound effects; whenever you make a selection, the game plays the sound of a man yelling in the background.
- Despite the fact that your character takes part in a kabuki performance, looking closely reveals that there is no audience in the theatre.
It was the only game to receive a 1 out of 10 from the Edge magazine other than FlatOut 3. Notably, Andy McNamara of Game Informer gave the game a .5. In his review, he said that "I literally won a match just by bashing the controller against my ass. I wish I was joking, but the score is seriously Kabuki Warriors zero, my ass one".
On the other hand, reception amongst gamers is slightly polarizing. Most agree that it sucked, but there are a few people who felt that the game is criminally underrated.