Kamen Rider Black: Taiketsu Shadow Moon (仮面ライダーBLACK 対決シャドームーン Kamen Raidā Burakku Taiketsu Shadō Mūn), also known as Kamen Rider Black: Shadow Moon Showdown, is a 1988 platformer game made by Human Entertainment and Bandai for the Famicom Disk System, based on the television series Kamen Rider Black.
Why it Sucks
- Bad controls. B is used to punch, and to kick you have to press up, while A is used to jump. To do a side jump, you have to press A, then press either left or right, also some attacks like the rider punch come when the game feels like.
- Kamen Rider Black (your character aka Kotaro Minami) moves way too slow. To add insults to injury, in boss fights (not counting the mini-bosses) he walks faster... at the cost of taking a few seconds just to turn around.
- Broken hit detection.
- Unfair difficulty, caused by the fact that all of the enemies move faster than you, and can hit you much easier than you do said enemies.
- Overly repetitive soundtrack that plays exactly only one song unless you’re playing one of the bike-riding levels. No Kamen Rider Black theme song in the game.
- Insultingly bad graphics, even by Famicom/NES standards.
- Poor grasp of the source material. For instance, Kamen Rider Black fights enemies like giant spiders, cheetahs, and giant moths, something that never occurred in the show. Although Kamen Rider Black fights a spider-like monster as a first MOTD in the very first episode where Kotaro's father was killed by the first MOTD of the show.
- Talking about poor grasp of the source material Shadow Moon is purple for some reason and lacking his signature weapon, Satan Sabre, also he looks more like his Kamen Rider Black RX rendition, which is even stranger since that series wasn’t airing yet. Also after Kamen Rider Black defeats Shadow Moon, he takes the Kingstone from him, which is something Kotaro Minami would never do under any circunstance since removing the Kingstone would kill Shadow Moon and a huge part of the series is Kotaro trying to save him since Shadow Moon was Nobuhiko Akizuki, Kotaro's friend.
- Shitty good ending, in fact the Bad ending is better.
- Bilgenia, a really important character during the first half of the series is nowhere to be found in this game.