Lair is an action game developed by Factor 5 and published by Sony Computer Entertainment exclusively for PlayStation 3. It was notable for its use of the PS3's Sixaxis motion controls for movement and was the final game developed by Factor 5 before closing in 2009.
Why It Sucks
- Shallow combat
- Poor motion controls (although an update added analog stick support, it wasn't released until a year after the game's failure)
- Faulty targeting system
- Inability to pick which enemy to lock onto
- Bad camera
- Numerous graphical glitches
- Choppy frame-rate
- Uninspired plot
- Tedious and repetitive objectives
- Level design doesn't accommodate for the motion controls
- Levels also have short time limits
Lair was both a critical and commercial failure, only receiving a Metacritic score of 53 and (according to VGChartz) selling a mere 520,000 copies worldwide. The game was also listed at #7 on Watchmojo's Top 10 Video Games That Ruined Their Companies.