Lichdom: Battlemage is a first-person action role-playing game developed by Xaviant and published by Maximum Games for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The game was first released as on Steam Early Access in March 2014 before officially exiting its alpha stage five months later. In April 2016, a port of the game for PS4 and Xbox One that is generally considered to be inferior was released, which is what this page will cover.
Why It Sucked
- Terrible frame-rate that can't exceed 20 FPS most of the time.
- The loading times often exceed two to three minutes, and still needs to load in textures when the game finally starts.
- On Xbox One, the game has lots of screen-tearing.
- The game is also dimmer on Xbox One.
- The tutorials show the PC version of the game, which runs much better than either console port.
- The game was later patched on both consoles, and show an astronomical improvement. The Xbox One version runs at a near-locked 30FPS. The PlayStation 4 version has an uncapped framerate, although it is inconsistent. Still, it stays at a framerate of at least 30FPS for the majority of the time. The only sacrifice that was made was a drop from 1080p to 900p resolution.