M&M's Kart Racing is a racing video game released in 2007 for the Nintendo Wii and the Nintendo DS, based on the M&M's license and developed by Frontline Studios and published by DSI Games. It is often considered to be one of the worst video games of all time.
Why it Sucks
- Horrible controls.
- Dreadful camera angles.
- Ugly, outdated and blocky models that look like a late Nintendo 64 game.
- Low quality textures.
- Repetitive and annoying voice clips. The most annoying sound clip is the "Approaching sound barrier!" line played when you are getting close to the maximum speed of the vehicle.
- Barely uses the license at all.
- Long loading times. Even the game's official website had to put a screenshot of the loading screen.
- Incredibly generic music.
- The multiplayer option doesn't support more than two players.
- Numerous bugs and glitches.
- Slow gameplay.
- The game makes an ear-scratchingly annoying sound when the player crashes to a wall.
IGN gave the game a 2.5 (Painful) in the Wii version and a 3.0 (Awful) in the Nintendo DS version. The Wii version holds a score of 22.50% and the DS version a score of 22.33% on GameRankings. GameZone gave it a 2 out of 10. The Wii version has a rating of 1.39 and the DS version a rating of 2.59 on GameFAQs.
The game was also awarded as the lowest rated kart game by Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition 2011, stating that the game's nearest rival is Shrek Swamp Kart Speedway, which has a score of 26.40 on GameRankings.