Medal of Honor: Warfighter is a first-person shooter developed by Danger Close Games and published by Electronic Arts. It is the fourteenth installment in the Medal of Honor series, and the sequel to the eponymous 2010 reboot of the franchise. The game was released in October 2012 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.
Why It Sucks
- Poorly told and confusing story.
- Archetypal characters.
- Linear and restrictive level design.
- Dull set pieces.
- Many scripted sequences which you must complete or else you'll instantly die. There's a level in which you must chase down a target, but what they really mean by that is run into an ambush, and he'll be waiting. Once you see him again, he'll start running. When you repeat the process enough times, the game will catch him for you in a cutscene.
- Idiotic friendly and enemy AI.
- Several bugs and glitches.
- Samey shooting galleries.
- While you get to decide which way you can breach doors, the result is always the same: slow-motion shooting.
- Fireteam mechanic gives the online multiplayer mode a sense of camaraderie.
- Entertaining and inspired driving sections.
- Some of the levels are very atmospheric.
- The controls and gunplay are solid.
- Impressive visuals.
The game received mixed-to-negative reviews, with Metacritic scores of 53 on Xbox 360 and 55 on PC and PS3. It was also a commercial failure, leading EA to place the series on hold.