Men in Black II: Alien Escape is an action-adventure game developed by Infogrames Melbourne House and published by Infogrames, partially based on the film Men in Black II. The game was released for the PlayStation 2 in 2002 and received a GameCube port in 2003.
Why It Sucks
- This was Infogrames Melbourne House's first Third Person Shooter game, and it shows here.
- The characters don't feature the voices or likenesses of their original actors, and the stand-ins do a poor job of substitution.
- There's virtually no difference between playing as either agent.
- Only six weapons can be used.
- Mindless controls; as long as you keep pressing the shoot button everywhere you go, you've mastered the art of control in this game.
- Bland level design.
- Muddy graphics.
- Poor sound mixing; the voices and music were recorded at different volumes, so you'll have to turn up the volume of the voices to hear them over the loud music.
- The music is laughably terrible.
- Stiff character animation.
- Poor script.
The game received mixed-to-negative reviews, and the PS2 version's Metacritic score is 50.