Metal Slug (メタルスラッグ Metaru Suraggu?), also called Metal Slug 3D (Version) (メタルスラッグ3D(版)) to distinguish it from the original Metal Slug, is a third-person shooter run and gun video game for the PlayStation 2. It was developed and published by SNK Playmore and was released only in Japan on June 29, 2006 due to mostly negative reviews from critics.
Why it Sucks
- Poor graphics for a 2006 released PS2 title
- Horrible 3D character models
- Overall boring gameplay
- Complicated menus and mission objectives.
- Extremely easy and unchallenging gameplay
- Poor collision detection
- unlike any other Metal Slug games, it has no Multiplayer modes
- Terrible controls, It's actually easier and safer to move without the slugs
- Very short and no replay value
Metal Slug has received extremely negative reviews. NTSC-uk gave the game a 2 out of a possible 10. Edge scored a 5/10, saying, "It's a glimpse of something special waiting to happen, of a no-nonsense attitude towards combat that could be developed into a series worthy of the torch that it has chosen to bear."