Mortal Kombat Advance is a one-on-one fighting game developed by Virtucraft and published by Midway. It is a port of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.
Why it Sucks
- Broken controls. The attacks don't respond sometimes.
- Since the Game Boy Advance only has two face buttons, they combined the high and low attacks into one for each button. This is one reason why special moves don't work most of the time.
- Scorpion is given Sheeva's voice samples.
- If Shang Tsung does a fatality while shapeshifted, the game not only announces "(your altered form) wins" instead of "Shang Tsung wins", but your shapeshifted form's portrait is shown on the ladder.
- Opponent's AI depending on the difficulty ranges from brain-dead to so hard and impossible that they can read your button presses. This can happen as early as the first opponent in the game.
- Out of place sound effects.
Electronic Gaming Monthly's editor Dan Hsu gave it the first "0" in the magazine's history and currently has a 34% at Game Rankings.