The Nintendo Polystation (not actually made by Nintendo) is a PlayStation rip-off and the most infamous Famiclone console. It is the first of the PolyStation series, which were mainly Famiclones (except for the Mini Polystation 3, which was a poor knockoff of the PlayStation 3 with LCD games).
Due to copyright infringement, it removed Nintendo from the name and was called simply Polystation.
Why it Sucks
- False advertising: It boasted over 1 million games in it, when it actually has many games that are the same, but with different titles. It also claimed to have stereo sound, while it has mono since it's a Famiclone.
- The games are just hacked NES titles. For example, in Super Mario Bros., Mario is replaced by Pikachu.
- The disc tray is actually a cartridge slot.
- Very fragile, the disc tray can break very easily.
- The controller tends to broke a lot.
- It has one of the most hilariously bad console slogans of all-time: "IT'S JUST NOT A GAME ANYMORE!"
- It was sold at a very affordable price (only $10), if used it carefully, it will work just fine.
- It was comparable with Famicom (Japanese NES) games.
- The controllers had turbo buttons, and the controllers made for this system by another company feature an analog stick that works perfectly.
Planet Dolan rated it #8 on his "Top 10 Worst Console Knockoffs" list (The Mini Polystation 3 was #1).
It still has other toy companies in China and Southeast-Asian countries that continue to produce these consoles under their own brands and sell them in supermarkets today.