Pimp My Ride is a video game based on the eponymous television show. It was developed by Eutechnyx and published by Activision for PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Wii, and Xbox 360. The game was released in 2006.
Why It Sucks
- Absurd premise.
- Who names their city "Pimp City"?
- Car designs are generic and there are no licensed vehicles.
- Poorly animated cutscenes with bad lip-syncing.
- Pixelated, blurry graphics.
- Terrible car handling.
- One of the ways you can earn cash for the budget of pimping out the vehicle is to crash into others, which is contradictory to the premise of the show because in it, West Coast Customs takes beat up cars and enhance them into nice ones.
- The other ways you can earn cash are via dull minigames, all of which are completed by pressing buttons.
- Customization options are limited due to the options available being catered towards the customer's preferences. This also means it's impossible to pick a wrong part to purchase.
- To put on the parts, you press buttons in an order like a minigame. While you can skip this process, you'll be paying full price for the part if you skip it.
- As long as you buy the most expensive part, you'll win.
Pimp My Ride received negative reviews, and has a Metacritic score of 38 on Xbox 360 and 36 on PS2.