Pokémon Go is a free-to-play location-based augmented reality mobile game developed by Niantic and published by The Pokémon Company. It was released in July 2016 for iOS and Android devices.
Why it sucks
- The game crashes A LOT.
- The servers often stop working because so many players try to connect at the same time.
- Many technical issues, both in the game and with all the Internet related.
- Ugly graphics (Trainer graphic only).
- An internet connection is required for everything.
- The game does not require any skill at all.
- The developers have made the Pokemon more difficult to catch forcing players to use In-app purchases to get more poke-balls.
- Because the game's tracking feature was broken, a website called Pokevision was created to help players know the locations of some of the elusive Pokemon, However the developers forced the site to shut down, causing angry fans to lash out even more towards the developers.
- The trailers have shown that there will be legendary events in which you can catch legendary Pokemon, as of December 2016, the only event was a Halloween event where you can catch ghost Pokemon, other than that, there were no new events announced.
- Since players can send any landmark locations for creating Pokestop or Pokemon Gym, There are a lot of landmarks that weren't supposed to be included into game were added. Example were Hiroshima Peace memorial in Japan, Holocaust memorial and Auschwitz concentration camp in Poland, and the 9/11 memorial in USA. A lot of local people and local government requested Niantic to remove these landmark from the game for disrespecting the tragedy and victims.
- It´s good enough to please die-hard Pokemon fans
- It makes people go out of their homes and do some walking exercise
- You can socialize with other people.
- The game was one of Satoru Iwata's final works, and some consider it to be part of his legacy.