Postal III is an action game developed by Trashmasters and published by Akella. The game had no direct involvement from Running With Scissors, the original developers of the Postal series, which accounts for the game's crappiness. In fact, RWS has since disowned the game and made it non-canon.
Why It Sucks
- Low budget graphics even when compared to its predecessor, released eight years prior.
- Lots of bugs.
- Awkward, obtuse controls.
- Bad collision detection which, coupled with the bad controls, makes the gameplay a chore.
- The game is completely linear, in contrast to the previous game's open-world structure.
- All missions play practically identically.
- Awful script, with bad attempts at edgy humor.
- Bad physics, despite the fact that it was made in the Source engine, which games considered revolutionary for their physics like Half-Life 2 and Portal were made in.
- Fire doesn't spread anymore like it did in Postal 2.
- All the weapons feel awkward and weak to use. In fact, the only weapon you will ever use is the M16 because it does the most damage. All the other weapons feel very weak and awkward.
- The "Free Roam" mode is a complete joke. The only thing you can do in free roam is just kill people and that's it. Postal 2 was open world and it was about exploration when you weren't doing the objectives.
- Postal 2 was later updated to have a boxed copy of the game hidden in the grass. If you pee on it, you get an achievement. That's how much RWS hate this game!
- Often times during cutoff points during cutscenes, a very loud ARRAAA sound effect plays before going to a different cutscene. It gets very annoying as it happens a lot. Also what even is the point of it? Is it supposed to be funny?
- The game encourages you to take the good path, and not kill anyone. If you join the police force on the good path, most of the time you have to use the stun gun, to stun them, not kill them. If you kill enough people on the good run, you are forced into the bad run. WHAT KIND OF POSTAL GAME ENCOURAGES YOU NOT TO KILL EVERYONE?
- There's no point in even buying this game because Mike Jaret (VP of Running With Scissors) will give out product keys for free if you email him asking for one.
- It has a branching story with paths to chose from, which is something that Postal 2 didn't have.
- The art style is good. The opening in the beginning of the game is done well and shows off what they were going for.
- Corey Cruise's voice acting is alright, and he returns in Postal 2: Paradise Lost expansion pack as the "Alternate Postal Dude". Meanwhile, Postal 2's Steam release features Rick Hunter's unused lines recycled from this travesty of a game.
- Even though the graphics aren't good, the detail looks decent compared to Postal 2.
- You can kill Osama Bin Laden and Uwe Boll (director of the poorly-received 2007 Postal film), just like what Postal 2 did with Running With Scissors and Gary Coleman.
- Good soundtrack, with an excellent remix of "Goodbye Almond Eyes" by Tokyo Rose and "Going Postal" by Secondhand Child.
- There are modifications like the "Postal III Improvement Mod", which fixes most of the game's issues and removes the notorious "Karma Meter" in order to allow the player to be able to kill anyone without negatively affecting the gameplay.
- And even better: It's being remade as a Postal 2 mod known as "Postal III Unreal". Which is actually how the game should be made.