Race Drivin' is a 3D racing game released in 1990 for the arcades and ported into several home consoles the following years. The game itself is a sequel to Hard Drivin', which was released one year prior. It was ported to the Playstation 2, GameCube and Xbox as part of Midway Arcade Treasures 3.
Why It Sucks
NOTE: Home console ports only
- The home console ports contain inferior graphics, with very blocky polygons.
- Horrible controls. The car swerves all over the place and will even go off-road.
- Slow framerate, especially in the SNES and Genesis versions.
- Awful music.
- Dull sound effects.
- The SNES version is completely unplayable, if the car touches even a small polygon, it will instantly crash. Not only that, but the game's demo unfairly shows the player playing very well.
- Half of the screen is taken up by the H.U.D. and other useless details.
- Numerous bugs and glitches.
EGM gave the Genesis version a 4.6 out of 10, describing it as "another so-so entry in the driving scene", due to its very choppy scrolling.
The SNES version has been critically panned and considered by many to be the WORST SNES RACING GAME EVER MADE. It received a 35 out of 100 by Super Play.