RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile is the fourth installment in the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise. It was developed by On5 Games and published by Atari for iOS and Android devices. The game was released on April 10, 2014 for iOS devices and on October 22, 2014 for Android devices and is the second mobile installment in the series.
Why It Sucks
- Cost $2.99 when it was first released (although it was later made free-to-play, no compensation was given to those who already spent the money).
- Large amount of Micro-Transactions.
- The game becomes a tedious grind after an hour of playing in order to force you to fork over cash to progress faster.
- Agonizingly long wait times unless you pay to speed them up.
- Amount of tickets required to purchase land increases the more you play.
- Limited control over the height of your rides.
- Building an attraction behind a ride is difficult due to the fixed camera and inability to adjust the transparency of anything.
- Poorly designed interface.
- Mediocre visuals.
- Awful and repetitive soundtrack.
- Forced and intrusive Facebook integration.
The game was met with negative reception, and the iOS version has a Metacritic score of 35 based on 13 reviews. Eurogamer gave the game a 1 out of 10, stating that the only redeeming quality of it is that "it accurately captures the experience of visiting a theme park: it costs too much to get in, the stalls are all overpriced, you have to wait ages for all the rides and the whole experience will leave you feeling decidedly nauseous."