Rugrats: Totally Angelica is an action game based on the 1991 television series Rugrats. It was developed by Art Co., Ltd and published by THQ for the Game Boy Color and PlayStation. The GBC version was released in 2000, while the PlayStation version was published one year later.
The game starts off with Angelica Pickles becoming the proud owner of a brand new "Cynthia Dream Mall Fashion Show Queen" set. When she is unable to open the box, she angrily tramples, kicks, and jumps on it. When the box finally opens, Angelica is shocked to see the playset is broken. She then decides to be the star of her own fashion show, which all takes place in her imagination.
Why it Sucks
- Angelica is notorious for being mean to the babies and sometimes telling on them.
- Boring and tedious mini-games.
- The mini-games use only one or two buttons at most, or just the D-Pad.
- Every mini-game has to be repeated about 5 times to get all the clothing items related to it.
- Bad voice acting, not helped by Angelica being obnoxious and loud.
- When you go to the fashion show, there is no guide of sorts on how to dress up Angelica, often resulting in poor scores.
- Cherry on the cake is that if you have Angelica go out in her normal outfit, all the judges will give her a 0.
- Not only that, you can replay the fashion show with the exact same look over and over and still accumulate points, making the game extremely easy yet tedious.
- Crappy graphics, even for PlayStation standards.
- Very long loading screens.
- The GBC port is even worse.