Silent Hill: Downpour is a 2012 survival horror video game developed by Vatra Games and published by Konami Digital Entertainment. The eighth installment in the Silent Hill video game series launched on the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360.
Why it sucks
- Boring and repetitive combat.
- Bad camera.
- Lame plot.
- Uninteresting characters.
- The game focuses more on action and combat rather than survival and exploration, although not as much as in Homecoming.
- Many bugs and glitches.
- It is very short.
- Many sidequests add a lot of replay value, but become tedious, repetitive and feel out of place in the Silent Hill universe.
- Tedious exploration which requires a lot of backtracking.
- The game is a little too linear.
- While there are several choices throughout the game, many of them have no effect on the story whatsoever.
- Very good and detailed graphics.
- Stellar soundtrack, even though it was not composed by longtime series composer Akira Yamaoka.
- In can be played in 3D.
- Good and original monster designs, whose presence can be warned when it starts raining.
- It brought back separate Combat and Puzzle difficulties, a classic series feature that had been absent since Silent Hill 4: The Room.